Note: To enter our Bob’s Red Mill giveaway, scroll down to the bottom of this post!
One of the strategies many of us employ when we’re actively working to heal Hashimoto’s is a change of diet. The simplest change that has a positive impact on autoimmunity most of the time is eliminating gluten. The next most common food trigger is dairy, which is why I always create gluten-free AND dairy-free recipes.
Most people feel significantly better after a few months of completely removing gluten and dairy, but sometimes going gluten-free just isn’t enough to ease Hashimoto’s symptoms and/or achieve remission. That’s when it’s time to try different healing diets or find a holistic autoimmune health professional to work with. At home, trial and error can help you find your own food triggers and create an eating plan that helps you feel good every day. The biggest question you may be asking yourself is, well, what CAN I eat?
There are plenty of amazing guides to gluten-free eating and other Hashimoto’s-friendly diets out there, but here at HeyHashi we’re excited to share some of the recipes that have worked well for us!
Today, I want to share a gluten free, dairy free, low carb, keto savory breakfast biscuit recipe made with some of my favorite Bob’s Red Mill products. It cooks up so quickly in either the oven or even the microwave that I’m able to put it together most mornings even when I’m feeling rushed or I have a busy day ahead of me. That’s so important because when you have Hashimoto’s, one of the best things you can do is start the day with a healthy breakfast.
And once you check out the recipe, keep scrolling because we’ve partnered with Bob’s Red Mill to host a giveaway of some of the best Hashi-friendly and autoimmune-friendly products they make!
**This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, our organization may receive compensation that will be used to fund our mission.
Dr. Natasha’s Savory Breakfast Biscuit
- 4 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Sustainably Sourced Palm Oil/Coconut Oil
- 2 Large Pastured Eggs
- In a dry bowl, mix together golden flaxseed meal, coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt. (If using whole flaxseeds, first make seeds into a meal using a coffee grinder or blender.)
- Once dry ingredients are well mixed, mash in oil with a fork. Mix will become crumbly.
- In a wet bowl, scramble eggs. Then add to dry bowl crumbles and mix well.
- Grease two 4-inch ramekins. (Or double the recipe an use a greased pie pan.) Divide mixture and spread evenly to the edges.
- Bake in 350º preheated oven for 15 minutes. Or microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove and cool on rack before serving! Store leftovers in the fridge.
We love our favorite Bob’s Red Mill products so much that we want to share them with YOU! That’s why we’re partnering with the brand to give not one but THREE winners each a prize package that includes:
- Almond Flour
- Hazelnut Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Garbanzo Bean Flour
- Shredded Coconut
- Coconut Flakes
- Gluten Free Organic Steel Cut Oats
- Arrowroot Starch
- Tapioca Starch
Enter using the widget below and we’ll announce the THREE winners on Monday!